How to stay updated about the event
Throughout the Competition we will make announcements about talks, meet-ups, tools and resources, submission guidelines, etc. You can follow these announcements on our Twitter (@gt-rnoc), Facebook or by subscribing to the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important dates for the Spring 2018 CIC:
- Submission deadline - April 9, 2018
- Live judging and demonstration events in Atlanta and Georgia Tech Lorraine - April 12, 2018
Why Should I Get Involved?
#1. Broaden your skills
The CIC is an excellent opportunity to get access to new technologies and experience them in a unique environment containing resources which are generally not accessible to university students.
#2. Develop a Value Proposition
The competition also allows you to develop the value proposition and pitch your work to industry executives and community partners. You get the chance to build something real; something that solves a nagging problem or creates something unique.
#3. Connect with industry and community partners
Throughout the competition you will have access to industry and community partners through category definition by our sponsors, partner reviews of your work, and judging of your project. All of these will give you advantages in networking for internships & recruiting, deployments, and/or starting your first company.
#4. Have fun!
Beyond this you will enjoy the work and have fun competing and interacting with your peers, lab staff, and our industry partners.
Participating gives you the unique opportunity to:
- Work on multidisciplinary teams with programmers, engineers, interface designers, management majors, & more
- Quickly develop end-to-end prototypes
- Broaden your skills
- Get access to cutting edge technologies in the fields of mobility, television, home networks, cloud services, and more
- Develop a value proposition and learn to pitch your idea
- Network with industry
- Own and launch your idea