M2M connects people, devices and systems and turns machine data into actionable information for smart devices.
This category is sponsored by Hitachi and is focused on applications and services which leverage the growing multitude of connect devices. Areas of focus include: home health, home power management, security, media streaming and sharing, and home automation.
Successful entries in this category will leverage OSGI deployable applications and services bringing together a variety of existing technologies including DLNA, UPnP, Z-wave, Zigbee and many others; as well as combinations of services available from carriers, content distributors, application service providers, and social networking sites.
The home network is becoming an increasingly crowded and confusing place. While numerous new products from cameras to kitchen appliances are becoming connected, the space remains fragmented by to the degree that the average consumer is not able to manage all of these devices and applications or use them in a truly integrated fashion.
This category focuses on solving these problems in several ways.
- Leverage the explosive growth in network-enabled embedded devices to provide both sensor and control interfaces to millions of intelligent devices.
- Provide a common integration point that supports multiple protocols and standards, reconciles policy and control to connect devices to each other and to the cloud to better:
- Share information (e.g. media servers)
- Modify collective behavior (e.g. security system and home automation)
- Get the PC out of the way! Remove the need for human intervention in the process.
- Create a viable business framework for application and service providers to sell and support in-home applications and services.